Friday 31 March 2017

Flash Fiction Friday: The group must go on



The group must go on

“This is wrong,” Jackson said, as we made our way to the stage.
“No, it's not, Jackson. We talked about this,” I replied.
“It's just that we've always been...” Jackson began.
“I know, a five piece, but...” I interrupted, before stopping as I wasn't sure what else to add.
“Do you think Michael would have wanted us to quit?” Ray interjected.
“No, but...”
“It's time guys,” the club manager called, from the edge of the stage.
“Then we, and this group goes on, in memory of our good friend, our brother, Michael.”


©JSMorbius


For my good friend, Michael



May he Rest in Peace

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Truly a touching piece. Liked the way you got creative there.

RIP, Michael.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, you made me sniff. What a wonderful tribute :-)

Rolling Muse in The Roses said...

Oh wow Julez. Eyes are flowing and you wrote a beautiful tribute to Michael the picture at the end really turned on the water works. Loved this flash as I know Michael would too. <3