Tuesday 16 January 2018

Tantalizing Tuesday Tease: A new beginning


A new beginning

Standing far enough back to be safe, but close enough to feel the intense heat, I stood and watched as the last thirty years of my life went up in flames. I’d lived in this place ever since the day I’d been born but, with my parents now gone, it was finally time to live my life how I wanted to, not how everybody else expected.
Ever since I’d started dating I’d been expected to find a beautiful woman, settle down, get married and have children. If only they hadn’t been so old-fashioned, so stuck in their ways, they might have got to see their oldest son happy. My brother had made things worse for me, by finding, marrying and having kids with his perfect woman by the time he turned twenty-five and ever since then all they’d gone about was me doing the same.
The trouble is the was only one type of woman I’d ever wanted to settle down with, and she wouldn’t have been able to give me the children my parents so desperately wanted me to have, because the only woman I ever wanted to be with was transsexual.


@JSMorbius

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It's great to have you back. I know this emotional journey will spawn into something great in this tease. Very nice work.

Naomi Shaw said...

Great to have you back and I loved your teaser. Full of feeling. I hope he finds happiness in his life

Anonymous said...

Great tease. Hope his life turns out for the better now :)